Emphysema by Taylor Bennett and Darrel Vandeweg

For our project we chose to focus on emphysema. As active emergency medical technicians on an ambulance crew, COPD and emphysema are extremely common complaints that we see in the field. Emphysema is a form of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and it is distinguished by an abnormal increase in …

Pumping Heart

I decided to explore and analyze the path of blood through the heart by making a booklet illustrating the structure and functions of the heart as a muscular organ. The heart starts pumping approximately 22 days after conception and involves a complex biological signal, interactions, specification of myocardial progenitor cells, …

Paragonimus Westermani-Lung Fluke Infection

Paragonimus Westermani Paragonimus westermani is a species of lung fluke acquired by a food-borne parasitic infection. P. westermani can cause a severe and fatal infection if left misdiagnosed and untreated. P. westermani is also known as the Japanese lung fluke or oriental lung fluke because infections are endemic in eastern …

HEART FAILURE

Heart failure is the main topic of my steam project that I want to describe more about it.   Basically, my steam project will cover heart failure types, the process of its anatomy description and its symptoms and treatments.   It is known to us that the heart is important …

Ovarian Cysts

I made a children’s book describing ovulation and ovarian cysts. Because it’s my art piece, it is a little more simplified than my report. I tried to show what the ovaries look like before and after the growth of cysts and how they can affect people. STEAM A&P2