COVID-19

For my STEAM project I made a short film depicting the virus COVID 19 and tried to show the basics of how it enters cells and infiltrates the body. The main “characters” are the COVID-19 virus, and the killer T white blood cells that combat it, in addition to some …

Stages of Mitosis

I did my steam project on the process of Mitosis. I showed each phase, including Prophase, Prometaphase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telophase, and Cytokinesis, on top of vanilla cupcakes I baked. I thought this medium would be appropriate because of the ability to show the steps on each cupcake.      

Open Bone Fracture- STEAM Project

Open Bone Fracture- Watercolor This project focuses on the healing time and mechanisms involved in an open fracture injury using watercolor paint and pencils as a medium. Every icon/ image stands for something: pills are for medications, the stethoscope means medical help, the nerve represents pain signals, the clock represents …

Osteoporosis

I did my STEAM project on Osteoporosis, and as you can see from the photo I have uploaded, I wanted to draw a comparison between regular bone and bone with Osteoporosis. I included next to the bones a little microscopic view point of what the inside of bone would look …

Sickle Cells

My project picture portrays the differences between normal red blood cells and sickle cells.  It shows how normal red blood cells are rounded and flow easily and freely through blood vessels.  It also shows how sickle cells are crescent shaped, sticky, and how they can cause blockages in the blood …