Smoking Tobacco: How the Four Most Abundant Elements Can React

For my project, I discuss about how oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, and nitrogen can react to the smoke of tobacco. Like most things humans consume, tobacco and its smoke has species of those four elements. These species negatively effect the human body, such as, the lungs, liver, and heart. The oxygen, …

Deeper Into Mitosis

This project dives deeper into the phases of mitosis. Specifically, what drives mitosis? There is such a vast wealth of information on the things that are driving it, and scientists still don’t know everything about it. It is incredible how intricate and compex it is at such a microscopic level! …

Bone Marrow

My drawing represents bone marrow inside of a long bone. The oval represents yellow marrow, but that it will not always look the same based on age differences. Other shaded portions are red marrow, but are also not exact representations, because age can vary the amount of red vs. yellow …

How Cells Change in Lungs to Cause Brain Metastases

My STEAM project is about how compromised lungs due to carcinogens, like smoking, have a change in cells. The change experienced in the cells makes it harder to fight off foreign matter to keep the lungs healthy. With that, lung cancer is the outcome and tumors will most likely form. …

Multiple Sclerosis

Steam Project MS STEAM Essay For my STEAM project I have decided to research the disease Multiple Sclerosis. This is an autoimmune disorder that causes the myelin sheathe on our neurons to be damaged, which decreases the body’s ability to control electrical signals being sent to various parts of the …