Antiresorptive Agents for Osteoporosis

https://media.uaf.edu/media/t/

My project is about osteoporosis management through antiresorptive agents, or drugs, that are prescribed to slow osteoclast resorption. I illustrated four stages of osteoporosis, featuring osteoclast and osteoblast involvement. The osteoclast are the large multinuclear cells with the ruffled edges and the osteoclast are the smaller unicellular ones. They are working on trabecular bone. They are such cute little cells, that I had to turn them into a lantern.

itemprop="discussionURL"2 Comments

CNS and PNS, “telephone”

I decided to create a drawing, likening the CNS and PNS to an old school telephone operating system. I used the spinal cord as the switchboard of the telephone system. The operator is the brain. Then there are wires, like telephone lines down the street, that are the PNS. They take the message that the CNS specifically meant for the toes down to the toes. Or the message that was meant for the arms, to the arms.

itemprop="discussionURL"One Comment

Leukemia

Lyrics because some parts are really quiet: Bum bum be-dum bum bum be-dum bum (what’s wrong with me?) Bum bum be-dum bum bum be-dum bum (why do I feel like this?) Bum bum be-dum bum bum be-dum bum (I’m really hurting now) Bum bum be-dum bum bum be-dum bum …

Psoriasis

See Image I decided to do my project on Psoriasis, and for my abstract, I decided to make a physical model of skin with psoriasis and normal skin. Starting from the bottom, the subcutaneous tissue is made of a stale, very dry brownie. The dermis is made up of frozen …

Knotted in Bones

The objective of this project is to show the differences between the axial skeleton and the appendicular skeleton system and how they work well together. The ropes are not to show a literal representation of the axial or appendicular skeletal system, rather how they rely upon one another to function. …

Trigeminal Neuralgia

I  decided to do my project on trigeminal neuralgia and to discuss the background of the trigeminal nerve as one of the 12 cranial nerves and its relation to the peripheral nervous system. I talked about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of this disorder in detail. I’m not super artistic …