Osteoporosis and Treatment

I decided to do my project on osteoporosis because it was very interesting to me, and a few of my family members have osteoporosis so I wanted to learn a little more about it. My drawing shows what happens inside of a healthy bone, and what happens inside of a bone with osteoporosis.

itemprop="discussionURL"One Comment

Pain Processing in Fibromyalgia vs Neurotypical Patients

I did my STEAM project on how pain processing differs in fibromyalgia patients when compared to neurotypical patients. I used the sketchbook app on my computer to design and implement all aspects of the project. As shown above, there aren’t many major differences. The most important difference in pain processing …

Instructions for Muscle Movement

This is my Presentation on Designing instructions for different movements.  I chose to demonstrate this by relating it to lifts and exercises common in the gym and why they work within different workout programs.

https://youtu.be/6GSaKm6dtCI

TJ;, Eng CM;Azizi E;Roberts. “Structural Determinants of Muscle Gearing During Dynamic Contractions.” Integrative and Comparative Biology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29889236/.

Roberts TJ;Eng CM;Sleboda DA;Holt NC;Brainerd EL;Stover KK;Marsh RL;Azizi E; “The Multi-Scale, Three-Dimensional Nature of Skeletal Muscle Contraction.” Physiology (Bethesda, Md.), U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31577172/.

Pham, Steven. “Physiology, Skeletal Muscle Contraction.” StatPearls [Internet]., U.S. National Library of Medicine, 21 June 2020, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK559006/.