Christopher M: STEAMThe effects of ALzheimer’s disease on a nerve cell

Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States. It is a neurological disorder that affects the brain’s central nervous system by attacking and destroying nerve cells. I hope through understanding Alzheimer’s disease we can gain a better understanding of the importance of our own nervous …

How to Teach the 4 Classifications of Bones Based on Shape to Children

There are 4 different categories we classify bones into based on their shape. They are long bones, short bones, flat bones, and irregular bones. I did not learn this until I was 20 years old. However, I learned who Pebbles Flintstone was at a very young age and to this …

Pathway of Food Through the Digestive System

My STEAM project is about the pathway that food takes through the digestive system as well as some key roles that take place at each organ. In my essay, I went into depth as to the path that food takes from mouth to anus.

itemprop="discussionURL"One Comment

Central Nervous System versus Peripheral Nervous System

My STEAM project is about the differences and similarities between the central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous system (PNS).  In my essay, I placed a focus on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and how it differs from Guillen barre syndrome (GBS).  The end-state of my analysis is to show …