Scoliosis Spine

This is a spine representing scolioses. You might notice the very large curve that will cause a lot of pain and the body to feel unbalanced. Everything is labeled and each section of the spine is color-coded. The smaller picture to the right is an X-ray of a severe scolioses case.

itemprop="discussionURL"One Comment

CNS&PNS

The objective I chose to focus on is to compare and contrast the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system. This is a hand molded small scale skeleton structure with painted nervous system display. The lights indicate different sensory neurons firing messages through PNS channeling the electric signal to the …

Exercise Induced Rhabdomyolysis

My steam project is on exercise induced Rhabdomyolysis (exRML). Rhabdomyolysis is the rapid break down of skeletal muscle tissue due to mechanical, physical, or chemical traumatic injuries. From a cellular level, exRML is caused by an unchecked increase of sarcoplasm Ca2+ levels coupled with a significant depletion of Adenosine Triphosphate. …

Breathing to self-calm

Breathing is a function of the autonomic nervous system however research shows that mindful breathing (thoughtful, voluntary as opposed to involuntary) can positively impact stress, anxiety, and depression when regularly practiced. I’ve recorded a mindful breathing practice script as a demonstration of one of many techniques utilized. Thank you for …

Alternative Options of Treatment for Scoliosis

This is a collage of my personal experience with non-invasive physiotherapy treatments for scoliosis. It includes X-rays, some doodles from my sketchbook when my curvature began progressing and becoming painful, and lots of photos of my treatment and surrounding memories. Bracing and surgery can often be avoided in mild or …

Cleft Lip

My project is about the tissue involved in the development of a cleft lip and palate. If a patient has a cleft lip they are more likely to have a cleft palate as well. My research covers how a cleft palate is developed in the womb to the consequences of …