This is a collage of my personal experience with non-invasive physiotherapy treatments for scoliosis. It includes X-rays, some doodles from my sketchbook when my curvature began progressing and becoming painful, and lots of photos of my treatment and surrounding memories. Bracing and surgery can often be avoided in mild or moderate cases of scoliosis, but unfortunately many doctors recommend that parents “watch and wait” for far too long. Early intervention is best, and near-total reversal of a curvature is possible with this kind of program.

One Comment

1. Liliana’s paper is highly informative and provides a great deal of information regarding Alternative Options for the Treatment of Scoliosis. The paper defines what scoliosis is and describes it, but also goes further into the types of treatments that may be implemented.
    She points out that having a scoliosis is not just the fact that you have an abnormal curve to your spine, but that it causes other problems as well. It goes further into the fact that it can cause problems such as pinched nerves, which can be very painful and cause a restriction of lung capacity. That is something I never thought about.
    She also covers the different types of treatment options for scoliosis. Treatments such as bracing, which she points out that why this is helpful it can cause problems such as a struggle with body image and the negativity that comes with wearing a brace.
    Other treatments she covers are physical training and surgery. There are training programs that are specifically related to the rehabilitation of the spine. And while surgery is an option, it is risky and invasive due to foreign objects being installed in the body. She also covers the Pettibon System and the CLEAR Institute method, which focus on neural damage and muscular imbalances. They focus on strengthening weak muscles. One down fall of these treatments are that if they are done at home, they will require special equipment.
    Liliana was kind enough to share her story, pictures, and all, of her experience with scoliosis and all the progress she made through out her journey. Her information on scoliosis along with her experience and story is very educational and informative. Her story proves that alternative methods of treatment work for some patients.
    Thank you, Liliana, for sharing your experiences with all of us! I hope your success continues!

Lisa Hawk

Comments are closed.