The Structure and Evolution of the Facial Musculoskeletal System

The objective of this project was to relate the interaction of muscles and the skeletal system. To illustrate this, I created a makeup tutorial-style video where I used makeup and face paint to transform my face into a living model of the major facial bones and muscles. I identified the …

Benefits of the Skull

Benefits of the Skull The objective that I am covering for this STEAM project is “Know the parts of the bone and their shape.” Cranium is the protective shell, that protects the brain.  It consists of 22 bones. The lower jaw (mandible) of the skull is the …

Femoral Neck Stress Fracture Classification

I originally stated I would be researching stress fractures and the healing process for my STEAM project. However, after conducting further research, I decided to focus on one specific area as each has a somewhat different healing time. The area of focus for this project is femoral neck stress fractures …

What happens to tissue after an injury, explain the tissue healing process in detail?

STEAM PROJECT Topic: What happens to tissue after an injury, explain the tissue healing process in detail. Objective: Describe tissues in the integumentary system and their functions. The integumentary system is the largest organ of the human body. The components of the integumentary system are: Skin Hair Nails Glands The …

Energy pathways of Anaerobic and Aerobic Exercise in Skeletal Muscles

For my STEAM project, I concentrated on the muscles, unit #5. The particular course objective I focused on in my project is “know the different energy molecules in the cell and their use in anaerobic and aerobic exercise”. For my piece, I created a comic that depicts the skeletal muscles …

Lauren Mai STEAM Project: Resorption in the Jaw Bone and the Affect it has on Teeth

Alveolar Bone resorption seen in the jaw can be caused by periodontitis. When left untreated, the rate of resorption can continue to increase and eventually cause tooth attachment loss and tooth loss. Once tooth loss occurs, even more, bone resorption can occur in the jaw. The illustration of the project depicts how when osteoclasts and osteoblasts work outside of equilibrium, significant bone resorption can occur in the jaw, and tooth loss can occur.

My hope is that from my project my peers will understand the importance of oral hygiene; brushing twice a day with proper technique and flossing at least once a day can help prevent Periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is caused by a build-up of plaque that contains bacterium which creates inflammatory cells that disrupt the remodeling process. This is discussed in more detail in my essay.

I am adding text here in hopes it will allow my partner to find the comment tab

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

h

i

j

k

l

m

n

o

p I am adding text here in hopes it will allow my partner to find the comment tab

q

r

s

t