Melanoma

The information on melanoma survival rates comes from: American Cancer Society. (2022). Survival rates for melanoma skin cancer. Retrieved from: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/melanoma-skin-cancer/detection-diagnosis-staging/survival-rates-for-melanoma-skin-cancer-by-stage.html The information on melanoma staging comes from: Cancer.net. (2020). Melanoma: Stages. Retrieved from: https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/melanoma/stages

Understanding Dementia

Dementia is difficult to understand and navigate for families with loved ones suffering from the disease. There’s a lot of different types of dementias but there are four main groups, which I have on a graph here. I also felt it was important for people to know that there are three main stages of decline and how that may be presented in a person. Even now after working as a CNA, I am still learning how to differentiate what stage a person is in during the disease process and how to give them good, attentive care to meet their needs. It’s so important to have the public be educated about dementia and how to navigate it. I hope this infographic sheds some light on this often misunderstood disease.

The Components and Functions of the Integumentary System

The objective of my project is the 5 components of the integumentary system and their functions. I made a visual diagram of the integumentary system out of play-doh. The diagram shows the nail as a separate piece and the rest of the integumentary system as another piece, that is why …

No Bones About It! Psoriatic vs Rheumatoid Arthritis

The objective this project relates to is:  Know the structure of the knee joint and compare this joint type to the other 5 joint types. Arthritis is a condition that causes pain and swelling in one or more joint. It commonly affects the knee joint. I was interested in autoimmune types of arthritis and …

The Four Major Types of Dementia and the Parts of the Brain Affected.

There are four major types of dementia. Dementia is a term that describes a group of symptoms associated with a loss of memory or other thinking skills. There are more than 6 million Americans living with Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias, and 1 out of 3 seniors will die with …