Mapping brain activity of language comprehension for dyslexic vs. non-dyslexic brains / Using a 3D model

Abstract For my STEAM project, I focused on the objective statement “Identify the various components and key structures of the nervous system.” To do so I decided to build a model of the human brain showing the cerebrum, cerebellum, and brain stem. I then focused on the areas involved in …

Bones are stronger with Calcium and Vitamin D

Vitamin D and calcium come hand in hand to strengthen bones, provide nutrients, and create increased gut health. Vitamin D allows calcium absorption in the small intestines, and without Vitamin D calcium would not be absorbed as easily. With living in Interior Alaska, you only see the sunlight every so …

Parkinson’s Impact on Cellular Respiration

Sources: Manoj KM. Aerobic Respiration: Criticism of the Proton-centric Explanation Involving Rotary Adenosine Triphosphate Synthesis, Chemiosmosis Principle, Proton Pumps and Electron Transport Chain. Biochem Insights. 2018 Dec 25. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6311555/#:~:text=Cellular%20respiration%20is%20the%20metabolic,mitochondrial%20oxidative%20phosphorylation%20(mOxPhos) Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. (2023, May 26). Parkinson’s disease. Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/parkinsons-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20376055 Osellame LD, Blacker TS, Duchen MR. Cellular and molecular …

Alzheimer’s Disease The Degeneration of Neurons and The Brain

Tristan Thompson Human Anatomy and Physiology 1 November 21, 2023 Steam Project The goal of my STEAM project is to identify and describe the four main lobes within the brain and also discuss the effects that Alzheimer’s disease has on degenerating the central nervous system and sections of the brain. …

Alcohol Effects On The Four Functions and structures Of The Brain

For my project I research how the influence of alcohol effects our neurons, and the different functions and lobes of the brain. The Learning objectives I covered was Identify the 4 main structures of the brain and their functions, and explain how neurons carry an electrical charge.