Rheumatoid Arthritis and effects on joints, hyaline cartilage and other connective tissues.

Kailani Smith Dr.Larson Anatomy and Physiology  STEAM project: Arthritis and connective tissue For my STEAM project, I will be covering part of the objective of “Describe in depth each type of epithelial and connective tissue. Be able to describe their function and location” More specifically I will be describing connective …

What does Joint Hypermobility look like?

Joint Hypermobility is being able to extend a joint beyond its normal limit. This is often called being “double-jointed”. This connects to the unit 4 objective “Describe the movement of bones using the proper terminology” as the movement of bone is through joints. So, if your joints are not working …

High-impact Exercise and its Effect on Bone Density, Joints, older men, and Postmenopausal Women

My project will cover how high-impact exercises affect postmenopausal women, older men, joints, and bone density. Specifically, how bone repairs and develops with high-impact exercises and how it affects osteoporosis in older men and postmenopausal women. I am using paint as my artistic medium to show a visual representation of …