I chose to discuss bone growth and repair, with the use of clay as my art piece to depict the differences in a child’s bone anatomy in feet versus an adult. As most everyone knows what an adult skeleton looks like, I just did the bones in a child’s feet. Click on the link attached to view picture. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KpivtpGuI0WSF0O8bsCeVFcWDKZmvaE5oNGvib7WSUs/edit?usp=sharing

2 Comments

1. I really love your idea! I think it is awesome that you compared the two because just like you, I kind of thought that we were born with all our bones and as time goes on, they just grow with us. It’s a really interesting concept that we all start with mainly cartilage and form these dense bones that support us for life. Your project is also very cool, I love working with clay and think all art is amazing! Your essay is also very well written and definitely got your point across while using a fair number of words… maybe unlike mine, haha.

Halie Henricks
    1. Since I accidentally posted this without finishing my reply, here is the new and improved comment.
      I really love your idea! I think it is awesome how and what you compared because just like you, I kind of thought that we were born with all our bones. And then as time goes on, they just grow with us. It’s a really interesting concept that we all start with mainly cartilage and form these dense bones that support us for life. Your art project is also very cool, I love working with clay and think all art is amazing. You did a good job displaying as well. Hopefully no one else had an issue with clicking on the link to see the pictures. I also love the detailed involvement of the different growths and how they fix themselves in your essay. I don’t really remember going over the intramembranous or endochondral cells in class, but if we did, this was a nice review of them. But overall, this was a great and more in-depth learning experience of the comparison of different bone growths and repairs. I believe you hit at least two objectives and your essay is also very well written and definitely got your point across while using a fair number of words… maybe unlike mine, haha. But I do think that you should have used a few more sources for your essay instead of just two, but you still did a great job!

Halie Henricks