Oral Health and Cardiovascular Disease

Oral Health and Cardiovascular Disease  For decades, medical health and dental health have been separated. This has led most individuals to disconnect their oral health from the rest of the body. But this is simply not the case. Research has been linking oral health and bacteria to systemic conditions throughout …

Cardiac Conduction System – A Booklet

For this STEAM project, I decided to cover the topic “​​Explain how the heart translates an electrical signal to a contraction” (#39). By doing so, I created a booklet designed to interpret ECG’s (Electrocardiogram) for various rhythms that the heart can transmit. In each rhythm, and by understanding basic ECG …

Sophia Ruppert – Structure of trachea and gaseous exchange that occurs.

For my steam project I decided to do a model of the trachea and the gas exchange that occurs within the trachea as well. The objective was to highlight the importance of the trachea and its structure while also highlighting the role of gaseous exchange of both oxygen and carbon …

Tracts and Ladders

For this assignment I focused on the Unit 4 objective: compare and contrast different mammalian digestive systems. This project uses a classic game known as “Chutes and Ladders” to demonstrate the differences in the human digestive tract versus the cow digestive tract. The chutes are replaced with “tracts” to remake …

Vaginal Tearing (Perineal Lacerations) During Childbirth

For my Steam Project of 2023 my objective is to explain the stages of labor/childbirth and go further into it. Labor has three stages which are the dilation stage, the expulsion stage, and the placental stage. During the dilation stage, the cervix dilates slowly until 10 centimeters which is when …

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

This project analyzes causes, symptoms and treatments of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and the effects it has on the function and structure of the respiratory system. COPD is a progressive inflammatory airway disease characterized by perpetual restriction of airflow and related respiratory symptoms, due to damage to the airway and …