IUD versus Vaginal Ring Birth Control

My STEAM project is about the differences between two types of birth control, the vaginal ring and the hormonal IUD.  It falls under the objective describing how ovulation, menses, pregnancy, and spermatogenesis are hormonally regulated.  I am going to be talking about how both types of birth control regulate the …

Cardiac Disease Land (brought to you by nicotine) by William Andresen

The objective being covered in this project is regarding the cardiovascular system with the question: “Explain how the heart translates an electrical signal to a contraction”. Additionally, the question of how nicotine can affect this process and explain the positive correlation between elevated heart rate as a result of nicotine, …

Placenta Previa

The objective that I’ll be covering is: Describe placental formation and function. There are many factors that make pregnancy in humans unique compared to other animals. Humans have long gestation periods and fetuses that grow very large compared to their mother’s body size. Childbirth is unusually painful, and the resulting …

Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy 

Deciding to undergo surgery is a very big, life-altering, decision. A very common procedure is vertical sleeve gastrectomy. Sounds complicated, but is the simpler surgery to get. This surgery is also known as a gastric sleeve. With this surgery, a doctor will remove about eighty percent of the stomach and …