Describe how a muscle contraction is induced.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tIQlvunCzq7mGWS8NDvANtJ4DfTNXeZ59g8qGVLC26E/edit?usp=sharing

Link to my essay.

One response to “Muscle Contraction: Rigor Mortis”

One response to “Muscle Contraction: Rigor Mortis”

1. Dwayne Eager Avatar
    Dwayne Eager

You STEAM topic is really interesting. Rigor mortis was one of the more interesting things I learned about in our muscle unit. I think one of the most interesting things about taking A & P is learning the deeper processes of how things like rigor mortis and other body processes work especially on the cellular level. I had no idea until I took this class. I also liked how you related it to climbers on Denali. I had just recently watched a documentary called “Torn” about Alex Lowe and Conrad Anker where they found Alex’s body 17 years after he died and his family came and helped remove his body and take it home. It was a very moving film especially if you like climbing.

I think your poster did a great job of explaining the process. The pictures are colorful and explain how a muscle contracts well. I like your little climber guy and the process he goes through after death. I watch a lot of detective shows where the medical examiner has to determine time of death. It was interesting to learn the amount of time it takes the body to go through the different stages. There sure is a lot of factors that can play into this process. It was interesting to learn that the body does not complete the process if it is in the cold on a Mountian. I wonder how they can even tell if the body is in rigor mortis or if it is just frozen. Either way the little purple guy was great.

One Comment

1. You STEAM topic is really interesting. Rigor mortis was one of the more interesting things I learned about in our muscle unit. I think one of the most interesting things about taking A & P is learning the deeper processes of how things like rigor mortis and other body processes work especially on the cellular level. I had no idea until I took this class. I also liked how you related it to climbers on Denali. I had just recently watched a documentary called “Torn” about Alex Lowe and Conrad Anker where they found Alex’s body 17 years after he died and his family came and helped remove his body and take it home. It was a very moving film especially if you like climbing.

I think your poster did a great job of explaining the process. The pictures are colorful and explain how a muscle contracts well. I like your little climber guy and the process he goes through after death. I watch a lot of detective shows where the medical examiner has to determine time of death. It was interesting to learn the amount of time it takes the body to go through the different stages. There sure is a lot of factors that can play into this process. It was interesting to learn that the body does not complete the process if it is in the cold on a Mountian. I wonder how they can even tell if the body is in rigor mortis or if it is just frozen. Either way the little purple guy was great.

Dwayne Eager

Comments are closed.