Stem Project

I choose the objective to explain the benefits of breastfeeding for both baby and mother. For my project, I did a children’s book drawn by a child (mostly because I have no artistic bone in my body). This aspect of creating a book was meant to be able to show …

Interested in going Vegan?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15FI5Gpzl_8dW9xw7jZluaLAFB8Uvjkw5/view?usp=sharing For my STEAM project I made a commercial advertising the lone star tick’s bite as motivation for sticking to a vegan diet. The lone star tick’s saliva contains a sugar (abbreviated alpha gal), that is present in mammalian meats. When it bites you, your body develops antibodies for …

Cardiomegaly

For the art portion of my project, I did a 3D model of the heart in crochet. The two pictures on the top is a normal size heart and the four on the bottom with push pins indicating structures of the heart is an enlarged heart. I also placed tabs …

Brugada Syndrome

For the art portion of my project, I did a visual representation of Brugada Syndrome. On the left side of the poster, I drew the 3 different ECGs that could potentially indicate Brugada Syndrome. In the middle of the poster, I have a clay model of the heart. The challenging …

VO₂ Max Values of Endurance Sports and the Factors Affecting Measurements

For my STEAM project, I researched which endurence sport had the greatest maximal oxygen uptake, or VO₂ Max value, and the factors that affect these measurements. For the accompaning art piece, I drew the heart in lungs, with the viens and arties in gold to demonstrate the interconnectedness of the …

Lymphatic System/Immune System Comic

For my project, I drew a silly little comic attempting to illustrate the lymphatics system’s function of filtering wastes, toxins, and other unwanted substances from the body’s fluids.  This is very important because the lymphatic system correlates to our immune system greatly, and plays a key role in the immune …