Bronchodilator Salmeterol
Bronchodilator Salmeterol

For this year’s steam project I wanted to cover a respiratory disease called emphysema and the pathophysiology in this chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). As well as providing what classification of drugs reduce the symptoms of emphysema. My art piece provides a before and after look on how the airways are effected in emphysema & as well as the after effect of the salmeterol treatment.

One Comment

1. First, I want to start by saying that this project was well done and had lots of information. I definitely learned new things and I learned further into details about what COPD really is. I think her drawing is a good example of how the airways become affected when people smoke or get diagnosed with Emphysema. So basically Emphysema does a lot of damage to you, including your alveolar walls, and it restricts air flow. It’s all about abnormal air spaces, as your air ways can narrow down significantly or even collapse. The elastic fibers start to destruct. I learned a lot about the treatment of Emphysema, with that being a drug called Salmeterol. That’s a type of Bronchodilator for treatments of slowed and troubled breathing, wheezing, chest tightness, and even inflammation. The way this drug works is by reducing swelling and opening airways. Overall, I really enjoyed reading this project, I learned lots from it. She did a great job at going farther into the books from what we have already learned in class, I enjoyed her picture, it explained her point and picture well.

Jhaonna

Comments are closed.