The Interplay Between Antipsychotics, Prolactin Levels, and Women’s Health: Implications for Lactation and Menstruation

I put together this slide show for my project> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RJPy6g3wrR0vy0lv4MDWznanpb1qzHhy_Zb8iOyVe-I/edit?usp=sharin TitleThe Interplay Between Antipsychotics, Prolactin Levels, and Women’s Health: Implications for Lactation and Menstruation Antipsychotic medications are essential for managing schizophrenia and related disorders, yet their impact on hormonal regulation, particularly prolactin levels, can have significant implications for women’s health. …

A Little Dirt Never Hurt: Gut Flora and the Hygiene Hypothesis

I am covering objectives explaining the hygiene hypothesis and how it relates to WBC function and the immune system. The hygiene hypothesis is the idea that when a child is not exposed to enough infectious agents, or anything that would diversify their gut flora, they develop an unhealthy gut microbiome …

Periodontitis and the effects on the lungs

This video is a representation of how periodontitis bacteria sticks to the lungs. The bottle represents the body, the straw is the esophagus, sponges are the lungs, and glitter represents the periodontits bacteria. Periodontitis is bacteria that forms in the mouth and deteriates the soft tissue in the gums. Periodontitis also causes and triggers many other issues in the body, an example would be when you swallow what is in your mouth, the bacteria floats down with what you are swallowing and goes through your body system. This bacteria could end up in your lungs and make you prone to respiratory infections such as pneumonia and bronchitis.

itemprop="discussionURL"One Comment

Cancer and Cancer Treatment Related Neutropenia

Neutropenia is a white blood cell (WBC) condition caused by a low number of neutrophils. This is a disease that can have many potential causes including cancer, cancer treatments, bone marrow disorders, many types of infections, immune system disorders, nutrition problems, and chronic idiopathic neutropenia. For this project cancer and …

(GERD) Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Pregnancy

The Goal of my Steam Project was to visualize gasteroesophageal reflux disease in a variety of situations. Have you ever wondered why pregnant women are prone to this disorder? Here is your chance to find out! You may compare a normally functioning stomach with one that has a malfunctioning part, …

Arrhythmias

For my STEAM project, I completed a painting of the anatomical structure of the heart and arrhythmias. I wanted to explore how blood is pumped through the heart and to the pulmonary and systemic circuits. Specifically, my objective is from Unit 11, ‘know the path of blood through the heart …