The unit objective that I chose to cover is from Unit 9: the Reproductive System, and it is “know the structure and function of the reproductive organs. Endometriosis is a condition involving the uterus that affects the normal structure and function of the female reproductive system. For my art project, I decided to create a painting showing one half of the uterus that does not have endometriosis and the other half that has the condition.

One Comment

1. ABSTRACT
    This project covers the topics of endometriosis. It describes the reproductive organs involved with the disorder, including: the uterine tubes, uterus, and vagina. The project states that the uterus’ function is to nourish fertilized eggs. Endometriosis is a condition that effects the development of endometrium which is the tissue from inside the uterus. In this disorder, the tissue grows outside the uterine cavity. The project describes the symptoms of endometriosis which are pelvic pain, back pain, intercourse pain, urination and defecation pain, and infertility. Lastly, treatments and therapies are discussed for this condition. Endometriosis can be treated with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, oral contraceptives, progesterone, or surgery. The art is a painting that illustrates this condition.

Peerie Anderson

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *