I literally don’t have a better title than one of my citations which is simply “Breaking Bread”

Bread and Your Body…             …Well, not your body, per se. While considering what medium I would choose, I had to keep in mind that there are things I’m good at under pressure, and things that I am not. I could write and perform a jingle, but I’d probably get …

Baker’s Cyst

My project was on Baker’s Cyst, a fluid filled cyst that forms from a bursa at the back of the knee joint. A bursa’s function is to reduce friction when moving the joint, but when excessively filled, it is related to many problems like intra-articular knee disorders. This includes the …

Multiple Sclerosis

My STEAM project focuses on multiple sclerosis and it covers the objective “Explain how neurons carry an electrical charge”. An individual with multiple sclerosis will have difficulty with sensing, cognitive function, and muscle movement. It is a disease caused by the demyelination of axons, which stops neurons from sending signals …

The effects of stroke-induced muscle weakness and spasticity on muscle function

This is a model I printed and painted, showing some of the muscles in the hand (among other tissues) that would be affected by muscle weakness and spasticity in a stroke victim.

Don’t mind the missing thumb. The print partially failed. To make do with what I had, I painted in a digital-like effect to make the model look like a hologram that bugged out for a moment.

itemprop="discussionURL"One Comment

Hyoid Fracture

My project is about hyoid bone fractures and covers multiple objectives, such as classification of fractures, the bone shape, location of the bone, and functions of the bone.  The hyoid bone is a small, U-shaped solitary bone located in the anterior neck at the base of the mandible and posteriorly …