Multiple Sclerosis

My STEAM project focuses on multiple sclerosis and it covers the objective “Explain how neurons carry an electrical charge”. An individual with multiple sclerosis will have difficulty with sensing, cognitive function, and muscle movement. It is a disease caused by the demyelination of axons, which stops neurons from sending signals …

The effects of stroke-induced muscle weakness and spasticity on muscle function

This is a model I printed and painted, showing some of the muscles in the hand (among other tissues) that would be affected by muscle weakness and spasticity in a stroke victim.

Don’t mind the missing thumb. The print partially failed. To make do with what I had, I painted in a digital-like effect to make the model look like a hologram that bugged out for a moment.

itemprop="discussionURL"One Comment

Hyoid Fracture

My project is about hyoid bone fractures and covers multiple objectives, such as classification of fractures, the bone shape, location of the bone, and functions of the bone.  The hyoid bone is a small, U-shaped solitary bone located in the anterior neck at the base of the mandible and posteriorly …

Greenstick Fractures

For my STEAM project I chose to concentrate on greenstick fractures. I covered the objective Classify Fractures and after speaking with Don chose to concentrate on one instead of them all. When creating my project I figured it would be easier to depict the bones instead of the limbs themselves …

Frostbite And How It Affects The Process Of Necrosis

For my STEAM project, I’ll be addressing two objectives “Comparing and contrasting organelles and their functions” and “Describing the functions of the integumentary system.” Within these objectives, I’ll explain the process of necrosis in eukaryotic cells and its association with severe frostbite. Frostbite is a medical condition that occurs when …