My art project is on greenstick fractures. I covered the stages of bone repair learning objective. I chose this topic because I am interested in learning more about bone repair and the different types of bone fractures. For this project my focus is on greenstick fractures. I started off my project by drawing five greenstick fractures in different areas of the body. The femur, tibia, humerus, radius, and clavicle. 

One Comment

1. Courtney’s artwork of greenstick fractures is a very helpful visual of what these types of fractures actually look like in different places in the body. This piece of art shows that even though greenstick fractures are most common in the long bones of the body. A great analogy was shared in Courtney’s essay, comparing greenstick fractures to a tree. If I were to go and try and break a limb off of a tree, it is likely that only one side would break, leaving the other intact. This is exactly what happens in a greenstick fracture, the cortex and periosteum are the only parts involved. The drawing of the fracture in the forearm is what could happen if a child fell and tried to brace their fall with outstretched arms, causing the bone to bend and snap on one side. I really enjoyed this representation of greenstick fractures, and I have learned a lot!

Karley Bowen

Comments are closed.