STEAM PROJECT – A CREATIVE WAY TO MEMORIZE THE DEFENSE MECHANISMS OF THE HUMAN BODY

By Sophie Schilling Objective: The Immune System In the following, you will find a re-written songtext from an animation series called Arcane. In one of my past classes, I had to master a similar task and had a lot of fun. Not only the aspect of creativity but also the …

IUD STEAM Project

If you can’t tell that is the female reproductive system. I used different colors to distinguish between the myometrium and the uterus. The beige section inside the uterus is representative of the increased mucous that is built up by a hormonal IUD. The beads are representative of the copper ions …

STEAM – Average Respiratory Volumes – William Wood

My project represents human lung capacities and volumes. I have constructed this representation by using two red balloons as the lungs, and the straws that are inserted in each balloon demonstrates human lung capacities and volumes when air is blown into the straw/balloon. The balloons blow up through this air …

Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation

This project depicts tricuspid regurgitation (TR). It is a fabric stitched heart with a frontal plane cross sectional view. It shows some of the gross anatomy of the human heart. This includes right and left atrium, right and left ventricle, interventricular septum, tricuspid valve, chordae tendineae, mitral valve, superior and …

Achalasia

Achalasia is a rare disorder that results from progressive destruction of the ganglion cells in the myenteric plexus esophageal wall. The distraction of the cell leads to the inability of the lower esophageal sphincter to relax and leads the loss of peristalsis of the distal esophagus. As a result there …

My own recreation of gut microbiome mapping representing spatial organization – by Olivia Kraska

Microbial mapping is where scientists take a swab of any area inside the body, most commonly it is done to our tongue and cheek, then adding fluorescent dye to that sample to tag all the diverse bacteria that exist within it. This is a painting I did to represent not …