My project dives into Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy, a disease better known as “Broken Heart Syndrome”, known for mimicking signs and symptoms of a heart attack during or after extremely stressful or emotional situations.

for my project I breifly dove into Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy (TTS) or better known as "Broken Heart Syndrome". I talked about the signs

One Comment

1. Damian did his project on Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy (also known as Broken Heart Syndrome). I believe the objective that he covered was “explain the structure and function of the heart.”
    For his project, he molded a half heart out of clay. The heart was made to look as if it had been cut in half coronally. In this clay depiction, he included the septum, all four chambers of the heart (right atrium, right ventricle, left atrium, and left ventricle), the valves (tricuspid and mitral), and some of the heart’s major blood vessels (superior vena cava, pulmonary artery, and pulmonary vein).
    He represented broken heart syndrome through his project by enlarging the left ventricle. The rest of the symptoms associated with this disease could not be depicted because they were either in other organs or they did not have to do with the structure of the heart.
    He covered his chosen objective about the structure and function of the heart in his project by depicting a heart with the disease Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. He then showed how the disease could disrupt the structure of the heart through his art piece, and what he could not depict he discussed in his essay (things to do with the function portion of the objective were discussed there).

Alyssa Caldeira

Comments are closed.