My STEAM project focuses on allergy-induced asthma, its symptoms, and how it is developed.  Asthma is a chronic respiratory condition triggered by many environmental elements as well as physical and mental stress.  It is a widespread condition that over 300 million people worldwide.  When asthma is triggered by something like an allergen, the bronchioles in the lungs become so inflamed that it is difficult, or sometimes even impossible to breathe. In order to represent the struggle to breathe, I drew a pair of lungs strung up with thorny vines.  The flowers represent a common allergen: pollen.

Unfortunately, I am not a very good artist but I do enjoy picture editing, so it all worked out in the end. This is project is near to my heart because I have had asthma since I was very little and my allergies often irritate it.

Just Breathe

One Comment

1. First off, I just want to say the lungs look awesome! Definitely drew my attention. I like what you did for your STEAM project. It is great that you did something that you struggle with yourself because you know you truly understand it. You say that asthma is so common, and I agree I know many people that have asthma either due to environmental or physical elements like you say. You did a great job of explaining exactly what asthma is. Asthma is so important for people to be aware of because if someone does not know they have asthma it could result in a negative way. Your art work of the lungs did a great job of representing asthma.

Telissa Thompson-Martin

Comments are closed.