This is a comic that outlines four common disorders that can result in a pregnancy related death. The comic also outlines that maternal mortality rates have a high racial disparity, and shows some of the factors that cause this disparity.

One Comment

1. My partner, wrote about the risks of mortality rate of pregnancies. Before reading Taryns paper I was thinking of other things like more focused on the baby, but I was wrong. Taryn wanted to bring forth the challenges of having a child. Taryn really narrowed the causes of the deaths of most mothers; renal failure, sepsis, and heart attacks. I was really surprised to know that some mothers would even get sepsis, Taryn really wanted to focus on a bigger issue, the amount of mother that die, because of color. Before reading this I didn’t even think about the amount of women that are of different minorities and have a hard time living to see this baby’s grow up. Taryn really wanted to make a point to the issues of why these women are dying; socioeconomic crisis, health care, and vital communication. I really like the art work that she had shown above. And Taryn did a really good job at point out what she wanted to talk about.

Comments are closed.