The Cost of PCOS

This project aims to give basic information about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). This includes the causes, symptoms, treatment, how it forms in the body, and some circumstances if this won’t be treated right away. The researcher’s main goal is to have a deeper understanding about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, that might …

Computerized Tomography Scans of Lung Damage

Top: COVID-19 lung damage (left), parasitic lung damage (right) Bottom: COPD (left), healthy lung (right) Top: COVID-19 lung damage (left), parasitic lung damage (right) Bottom: COPD (left), healthy lung (right) Kyndall Powers There are several ways to diagnose lung issues, and a common way we keep hearing about lately due …

Retained Placenta STEAM

I did my project as a model of a quick run through of birth stages and   show that the placenta can stay in the body and that it can be toxic. This covers the objective about the stages of birth and the complication that can arise with the last stage when the placenta and umbilical cord are retained. This is a very non-literal quick video just so that it isn’t too long and still shows the model.

itemprop="discussionURL"One Comment

Endometriosis – by Soquel Keelean and AmberLynn Romero

We did our STEAM project on endometriosis, a disease that affects about 10% of reproductive aged women, that is characterized by the growth of endometrium-like tissue outside of the uterine cavity on areas like the ovaries, the fallopian tube, and the peritoneum. While is is benign, it is associated with …

Five Major Classes of Antibodies

My STEAM project is about the five major classes of Antibodies or immunoglobulins called IgM, IgA, IgD, IgG, and IgE. Though they are found throughout the body’s secretions they produced by effector B cells and are secreted by Plasma cells. Though some Antibodies vary in size and structure they each have the minimum characteristics of antibody monomers (four protein chains bound by disulfide chains), the lightest of which forms the antigen binding site. The heavy monomers (high molecular weight) contain variable and constant regions, the constant region means that the amino acids are the same throughout the classes of Antibodies, the variable region is unique for every Antibody. Antigens bind at the ends of each Antibody structure at the variable regions where it forms a y-shape. The other end of the Antibody binds to B-cells, phagocytes, mast cells, or simply float free in the plasma depending on which Antibody it is.I couldn’t figure out how to post multiple pictures so please go to the link to view the paintings. –Antibodies in Waterco

itemprop="discussionURL"One Comment