In order to represent how prenatal care prevents disorders of a developing fetus, I chose to create a drawing of a fetus in the womb with flowers surrounding it. The meaning behind this is that flowers can be a symbol of joy, growth, fertility, and new life. The flowers are a metaphor of these symbols which can represent protection of the fetus. 

One Comment

1. I really enjoy the topic of your steam project. Having worked in obstetrics for a few years I may be biased. Prenatal care is so important to pregnancy whether it be in the form of a midwife or an OBGYN. Many conditions and morbidities can be prevented for both mom and baby with just a monthly check in. Early onset pre natal care has been proven to reduce the risk of labor complications, pregnancy complications, studies have shown that babies who do not receive prenatal care are three times more likely to have a low birth weight than those who do. Mothers who don’t receive prenatal care are three to four times more likely to die from pregnancy complications than those who do.

Tristan Dellingner

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *