One Comment

1. Makayla Inchausti’s STEAM project presents a detailed art piece showing the placenta and human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). The artwork demonstrates considerable effort in illustrating the complex structures of the placenta, using what looks to be paper mache or Play-Doh. The detailing and vibrant colors used in the piece contribute to its overall visual appeal and neat design.
    The placenta structure in Makayla’s work has clearly labeled components, providing a great understanding of the placenta’s anatomy. The pink-colored sections represent the intervillous space, the yellow parts indicate the chorionic villi, and the black linings depict the maternal blood vessels. The choice of materials and colors makes the structures within the piece easily distinguishable.
    The other creation on her project is what I believe to be a representation of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) in molecular form? However, I am unsure of what relationship between the two structures she is showing. A more explicit indication of how HCG relates to the placental structures could help bridge the gap between the two components and clarify the intended message of the project.
    Based on what I already know about the biological connection between the placenta and HCG, the cells within the placenta produce HCG, which stimulates the corpus luteum to produce progesterone during pregnancy. In this context, Inchausti’s piece could be exploring this biological function. Still, it needs to be clarified how the molecular representation of HCG connects with the physical structures of the placenta depicted in the artwork.
    Overall, Makayla Inchausti’s STEAM project art piece is visually engaging and demonstrates considerable effort in its creation. However, providing more context or explanatory elements to explain the link between the placenta and HCG would enhance the project’s educational value.

Kintla Penn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *