One Comment

1. I love the creativeness you had for your project. It drew attention and made me focus more on what you were wanting to discuss. One thing I would recommend is having a starting point, since the picture rotates in a circle, I am not sure where it begins. Other than that, it was very well put together, and you showed that you took your time on this project.

I learned that a person with eosinophil count above 500 cell/micro would be then diagnosed with eosinophilia. Depending on your eosinophil count, eosinophilia can be mild, moderate, or severe. Eosinophils came from hematopoietic pluripotent stem cells. These cells give tissues to the myeloid progenitor and from this eosinophil are generated. Once generated they are secreted into the blood stream. After 18 hours they are then made into tissues. Eosinophils rely on secrete mediators’ cytotoxic granules to attack and kill parasites. It looks as if it is a disease that takes place inside of the human bone. Eosinophils are a type of white blood cell; an increased number of eosinophils may mean your body is fighting an infection or allergic reaction. Leukocytes protect the body against invading microorganisms, cells with mutated DNA, and they also help clean up debris. Eosinophils are mostly known for their role in attacking parasitic infection and the modulation of type 1 hypersensitivity reactions. Once eosinophils are released into the bloodstream, they persist for approximately 8 to 18 hours and once they are in targeted tissue, they live for 10 to 12 days.

Macy Critchlow