For my steam project, I covered the objective “describe in depth each type of epithelial and connective tissue. Be able to describe their function and location.” I used makeup as well as digital art to show the stages of bruising as well as how it looks at a cellular level. I had fun with this project so I added some extra pictures of some bruises that I thought looked pretty real.

One Comment

1. Lawrence did a good job on presenting his whole project all the way from his essay to his artwork showing different stages of bruises. I really liked the way he presented this project, he did great in breaking down how bruises are made, the process they go through, and describing connective and epithelial tissues. One thing in the essay that was interesting to me was the fact that when our bodies are hit with such a blunt force that will later create a bruise, our blood vessels in the connective tissues break and then blood starts to slowly leak out. It was always a curiosity of mine to know what the body does to make a bruise. Even though I don’t bruise easily, some people can bruise very easily, sometimes with just a little bump. That’s because it’s either age induced or it runs in your family, and it’s because of your blood vessels being weak or starting to become weak, so they break easier. In the essay, he brought up the Stratified Squamous, because it’s what the skin is made of and it’s most commonly used function is protection, so of course that is going to play a role in bruising. When your skin goes from that fresh colored bruise to the dark bruise, then to the yellow bruise, that is the Stratified Squamous. It’s going through stages of healing, but of course at the end of the healing, it goes back to normal. Overall, Lawrence has done a fantastic job, he used great sources which made him have the ability to provide appropriate and well informed information to his project as well as cover all of the topics required. His objective was very obvious and he even related some of the essay to something that happened to him, which is always a great way to further engage an audience!

Jhaonna Reid

Comments are closed.