Sorry to my partner! Not sure what happened, but I posted last Friday and found it was gone today. I am reposting in case you never got to see it, again sorry for the delay.

One Comment

1. My partner did their project on psoriasis. Psoriasis is a disorder of the immune system. They made the layers of skin into what looks like a cookie and showed what a normal integumentary system looks like, and what one with psoriasis looks like. I don’t know what they used specifically to make their project but there you can distinctly see the different layers of skin and what they represent. I think this was a really fun and creative way to show the integumentary system.
    Psoriasis is a disease of the immune system that causes the skin cells of the integumentary system to produce at a faster than normal rate. The life span for the skin cells, or the desquamation, is around forty days. A person with psoriasis desquamation period is around six to eight days. This causes a buildup of dead cells in the stratum corneum which presents itself as the red and scaly patches.

erpearson2

Comments are closed.