I will be covering two objectives, Know the structure of the knee joint and Know the muscles involved in the knee joint. I will be covering these objectives with Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome). The knee joint is a complex joint. This can affect both adults and children. Females are twice as likely to develop Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome than men because of the angle of the knee from the pelvis.  Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome can be a dull or sharp pain around and under the knee cap.Most people experience Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome if participating in activities, frequently squatting, jumping, and running. There is no true cause but factors can be weak muscles and overuse of the joint. Weak muscles affect your knee and develop Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome.  If the knee cap doesn’t sit correctly in the joint. IF muscles in the thigh are not strengthened enough. If muscles are tight like the hamstrings or a tight achilles tendon. Good foot support is very important for preventing Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome.  Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome can also come from improper form, surface and techniques in training. This will cause inflammation around and under the knee. Pain, and popping sounds will occur in the knee during activities, sitting for extended periods, or climbing stairs. Rubbing and grinding of the knee cap will occur when bending and straightening the knee. Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome can usually be treated by rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE). Or if pain is severe physical therapy can be helped to resolve pain. The anatomy of the knee consists of bones, muscles, and ligaments that allow the joint to move. The femur and tibia sitting on top of each other. The patella sits right on top of the femur. Two ligaments hold the femur and tibia and fibula in line. On the lateral side is the Lateral Collateral Ligament, origin is the femur and inserts at the fibula. On the opposite side is the Medial Collateral Ligament, origin is the femur and inserts at the tibia. Between the femur and tibia is cartilage that cushions the bones called meniscus. The Quadricep Muscles allow the knee to bend. The quadricep connects to the patella with the quadricep ligament. The patella has another ligament going down to the tibia called the Patella Tendon. I showed Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome by shaping the knee out of rice krispies. The meniscus between the femur and tibia was shown with thinly cut marshmallows. I represented the ligaments with mango fruit rolls. The Quadripes are represented by strawberry fruit rolls. I then showed the inflammation in the knee cap under the patella by thinly cutting marshmallows and painting red food gel. The inflammation represented the inflammation caused by PatelloFemoral Pain Syndrome.