For this project I decided to go over the objective know the parts of the bone and their shape. To visually express this I decided to paint a view of the femur illustrating the components of the bone. I then went into great detail on the bone and how it works.

One Comment

1. Jaidin’s project was based on the objective “know the parts of the bone and their shape”; to represent this he drew an in-depth drawing to show the different parts of the bone. In Jaidin’s paper, he explains that there are 3 types of bone: microscopic, gross, and chemical. Under these three types of bone lie bone cells, the anatomy of bone, and the components that give the bone resilience. The paper then dives into the anatomy of the bone, starting with the diaphysis and epiphysis and later diving into the medullary cavity and the bone marrow within it. Blood vessels and blood itself also make up bone and are mentioned within the paper as well. Jaidin mentions that tumors can be originated in the bone marrow as blood cells are produced from bone marrow. Lastly, Jaidin discusses the different types of bone, those being long, short, flat, and irregular. Flat bones are described as thin, flat, and curved, short bones are described as being cube-shaped, irregular bones are described as not fitting into any of the aforementioned categories, and long bones are described as being longer vertically than horizontally, he mentions that his drawing was focused on a long bone. His picture shows his project, which was a long bone on a canvas labeled with all of the parts mentioned in his paper. He shows different points of view of the bone and overall describes the right femur in the anterior point of view. In conclusion, his project researched bones, their makeup, their characterization and categorization, and their anatomy.

Julia Kaltenekker

Comments are closed.