One Comment

1. My peer Justise Fraser did a children’s book as her STEAM project. The objective she portrayed was the octet rule for bonds. It was explained very simply. The drawing was minimal which made it easier to understand. The content was simplified so everyone could understand it, I am not sure how this shows knowledge beyond this class, but it is a satisfactory project. The drawings and text correlate well and it does have a nice abstract touch to it. Creating special clubs and portraying hydrogen as royalty was smart because hydrogen has special properties and abilities. The octet rule is a theory that certain chemicals naturally bond together to have 8 electrons in their valance shell. It shows how covalent bonds and atoms work together to achieve 8 electrons. The children’s book shows how covalent bonds work together, share electrons, and are naturally drawn to each other. Overall, it was a good art piece that explained the octet rule nicely, it did take me a couple of times to understand the ending. I would have understood it a little easier if the electron rings were shown in the atom so you could see all the electrons. As well as explaining why sodium was part of a “special club”. I enjoyed the format and idea of this project and do not see much wrong with it. More explanation on a couple of things would have been better to appeal to people who don’t remember or know as much about chemistry.

Comments are closed.