One Comment

1. Lucy Boisvert created a flyer with a wonderful series of drawings showing how different parts of the brain are involved in executive function, attention, and reward and how they can work differently for those diagnosed with ADHD. ADHD stands for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. In her essay she explains how ADHD’s name can be misleading and what daily life is like for those that struggle with it. Lucy explains that those with ADHD struggle more with putting their focus towards specific tasks, and that actually focusing is not the real issue. She also included the four main hormones that are involved in reward and attention, which are epinephrine, histamine, dopamine, and serotonin. These hormones are linked with depression and anxiety as well. In her essay and abstract, she explains the paths from which one affected with ADHD shifts their focus from one task to another. Lucy also explains what types of medications are commonly used to treat ADHD, how they work, and which hormones and parts of the brain is associated with the reward network. Lucy also added that men are more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD than women, which I found both to be very interesting. This was a great project, and a very interesting read.Overall, I feel that I have a better understanding of what goes on in the brain when it is affected by ADHD! Great work!

Alyssa Adams

Comments are closed.