For my project, I decided to explore the differences between two uterine disorders, endometriosis and adenomyosis. While similar, there are a couple of distinct differences between the two. One of which is expressed in the water color sketch included: with adenomyosis, the excess endometrial cells form within the uterus while they form outside of the uterus with endometriosis.

One Comment

1. Hello,

I hope you are well! My name is Daniela L. Krukoff. I am the partner for Michelle Turchetto in the STEAM project during Anatomy and Physiology II with Dr. Larson at University of Alaska Fairbanks this spring 2021 semester.

Turchetto’s art piece displays the similarities and differences between the two uterine diseases endometriosis and adenomyosis. An apparent difference between the two is that endometrial cells grow outside of the uterus in endometriosis and inside of the uterus in adenomyosis.

The inherent similarity between endometriosis and adenomyosis is conveyed by the stark similarities between the two in regards to the watercolor sketches on the line paper of both pelvic regions that are adjacent to one another in the art piece by Turchetto.

The patches that are dispersed with paint of a color that is red of a shade that is black and of a shade that is not white which are representative of the endometrial cells that are grown into and about the muscles of the anatomically right uterus on the art piece in the medium of watercolor is characteristic of the uterine disease adenomyosis.

The patches that are dispersed with paint of a color that is red of a shade that is black which are representative of the endometrial cells that are grown into the tissue that is outside of the left uterus on the watercolor art piece by Turchetto is characteristic of the uterine disease endometriosis.

I would like to thank you for the time you have carefully taken while reading my comment on Michelle Turchetto‘s post about adenomyosis and endometriosis.

Sincerely,

Daniela Lillian Krukoff

Daniela Krukoff

Comments are closed.