For my project, I drew a silly little comic attempting to illustrate the lymphatics system’s function of filtering wastes, toxins, and other unwanted substances from the body’s fluids.  This is very important because the lymphatic system correlates to our immune system greatly, and plays a key role in the immune function of our body. Especially as the lymphatic system is our first line of defense against diseases, illnesses, and foreign substances.

(STEAM Project here)

In the comic, the blue characters represent the lymphatic organs as “guards” that double-check (aka filters) out the negative entities, which are the green blobs. The story simply just outlines how if a foreign substance enters the blood or any fluids in the body,  it will then reach the lymphatic system and be removed prior to returning to tissues throughout the body.

(I also put a little reference to Monster’s Inc. where instead of a “23-19”, I did “21-5” or Unsafe Entity.(As U is the 21st letter and is E is the 5th letter. )

One Comment

1. The Lymph system consists of networks of vessels that have the responsibility of collecting interstitial fluid from soft tissues filtering out foreign pathogens and returning the fluid to the veins.

The Lymph is regulated by both the Active and Passive Immune response. The Active immune response regulates immune cell entry and migration through the lymph system by LEC cystotome, chemokine, and adhesion to molecules.
    Passive immunity indirectly controls rate antigens delivered to lymph nodes by regulating the vessel’s pumps. The lymph transports antigens and dendritic cells that are guided by the lymph to places of need. The spleen contains lymphocytes and Macrophages that filter out harmful pathogens as the lymph fluid passes through.

The lymph system is a key part of the human immune response and immune system as it transport antigens, helps regulate immune response and filter out pathogens.

David Ebel

Comments are closed.