I created the knee joint using material, I either had, or created. The bones has been made out of modeling clay, which was shaped to form the bones that comprise the knee; patella, femur, tibia, fibula. To show the meniscus, there are small plates created out of hot glue with small amount of blue dye to show a distinction. Cartilage is shown by the green covering over the ends of the bones. The tendons of the knee are displayed by pipe cleaners. The pink pipe cleaner represents the lateral collateral and medial collateral ligament. Yellow pipe cleaner represents the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments.

The first image inserted into the post upside down

One Comment

1. First off, from the first picture you could tell this was going to be a very interactive concept on what your knee joint looks like! Jessica did a very good job when molding the knee and even detailed the patella! While the bone and joint were molded out of clay-She very clearly identified the tendons and ligaments attached to the knee joint that would aid the knee in movement. The way she used a pipe cleaner of different colors would help anyone of any age clearly identify which is a ligament and which is a tendon. Not only does it look very well put together, she did an excellent job deducting what makes up the bone and the names of the cartilage. I think this is a wonderful project and would be an overall good sculpture to keep in a class room or doctors office

Karson Martinez

Comments are closed.