Breathing is a function of the autonomic nervous system however research shows that mindful breathing (thoughtful, voluntary as opposed to involuntary) can positively impact stress, anxiety, and depression when regularly practiced. I’ve recorded a mindful breathing practice script as a demonstration of one of many techniques utilized. Thank you for listening!

One Comment

1. This is a very informative and perfect exemplification of the two types of nervous system’s and how they can affect our behaviors pertaining to how the body responds to stress. Your recording is a very creative way to how anxiety and stresses can be coped through relaxation and meditation as coping mechanisms for the functions of the parasympathetic nervous system. I learned some more in depth comparisons between both sides of the nervous system and thought the recording was indeed relaxing and aesthetically pleasing to the ear to promote relaxation. This project clearly identified the similarities, differences and a specific example of one of the nervous system’s functions and how it affects the body’s vitals like heart rate and blood pressure. The recorded exercise displays a detailed routine in breathing and instructions on what to think about during the meditation which was surprisingly pleasing and I found personally helpful and impressive with creativity

Cariane Gonzalez

Comments are closed.